Before you start, make sure you have C&C Renegade installed correctly and with latest Tiberian Technologies patch (at the time of writing this was TT 4.2). TFD should be just fine as long LevelEditor accepts it.
Tools you need:- Renegade LevelEditor - it's all you need to create a scenario for Mutant Co-Op, if you're interested in making a whole new map please contact me ;p
Files you need:- LevelEditor missing files (some dlls are missing from Renegade Tools link)
- Mutant Co-Op Presets (we use custom spawns for bots)
- Custom Scripts.dll 4.2 (for custom scripts, like sla_on_enter_message etc.)
- Example M00_Tutorial leveleditor source map (a good starting point to learn how to make a scenario)
- Original Renegede Levels (all the mission maps source for leveleditor)
Usefull links:- Tutorials
- Tools and stuff
- More downloads for Renegade
- Exodus' modding forum
- Renegade forums
You don't need to visit every site from Usefull links, but I recommend you to give a look and learn more from there.
Setuping the working environment:1. Download Renegade LevelEditor and extract it to a empty folder where you'll work on the maps, take just leveledit folder.
2. Download LevelEditor missing files and extract them in leveledit folder.
|This is how the folder should look like, also with first time launch of Renegade Leveleditor (it might ask for video driver first, just click ok).|
3. Download Custom Scripts (Files you need section) and copy the scripts.dll file in your Renegade directory, example: C:\Westwood\Renegade, overwrite the file. You must do this to have all scripts available for Mutant Co-Op, I highly recommend to make a backup of your scripts.dll!
4. Download Example M00_Tutorial (Files you need section) and extract it in LevelEditor's folder.
|M00_Tutorial map in leveledit folder|
You're now done to work on the maps, now it's time to explain how to make the actual scenarios!
Post a Comment